Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Makes My Heart Skip a Beat

Sorry, no pictures with this post, just a story. But it's a good one.

This morning, I woke up, showered, then listened to the baby monitor to see if I had time to dry my hair or if Erika needed some attention. She was making some noise, so I went to get her out of bed. Little did I know that she doesn't need my help to do that anymore. When I opened the door to her room, I found her sitting by the door. That's right, out of her crib and sitting by the door. I have no idea how that happened! In the past couple of weeks, she has shown interest in climbing on things...she puts her leg up on the couch or our bed and acts like she wants to climb up them. This is the first major victory she had with climbing. When I saw her out of her crib, I scooped her up and examined her for any cuts or broken body parts, but none were found. Erika seemed a little scared when I got there and I think she wasn't sure what had just happened either! Now I'm nervous about her doing it all the time. I hope nap time remains as restful as it has been, but I'm thinking that if she doesn't want to sleep, she'll climb out of her crib and start playing in her room. When I called Matt to tell him this story, he suggested we get some chicken wire to put over the top. I know they sell netting to put over cribs to keep animals out as well. I never wanted to treat my child like an animal, though! I guess we'll see if this is her one and only time to escape....somehow I don't think it is!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's pretty funny. Before you know it she'll be sleeping in a big girl bed! I'm scared to death of Lily becoming mobile…I’m happy that she stays put wherever I put her… for now.  I’m glad you have a blog. I’ll have to add it to my list to read!