I remember the last time the Pacific Northwest had a lot of high temperatures, which we were not used to, when I was living in Seattle. Around my 16th year, it was hot during the summer. Really hot. And I loved it! I remember hoping that the temperature would get to be 100 degrees and stay that way for a while. We didn't have air conditioning, and I didn't care. I just wanted the heat.
How am I so much older than my 16-year-old self and pray that the temperature stays in the high 80s? When did I get to be one of those "adults" who can only talk about the heat and how hot it is. And just sit in the one air-conditioned room of our house waiting for coolness to come. I choose to believe I am not that old yet! Pardon me while I go listen to some music way too loudly!
Ok, on a much cuter note, we survived the heat by hanging out with friends and plenty of water activities for the kids. A friend of mine, Lara, invited a bunch of friends over to her house where we let them play in pools, slides, and the timeless classic, Slip-N-Slide (it's a lot of fun to play when the sprinklers all the way!) Today, Sarah and I took the girls to a local park that had a sand pit and a little waterfall/wading pool right by each other. I guess it's like being at the beach....getting sandy and then going in the water, but it seemed a bit odd to me. Erika loved it, though! She cracks me up because she will dig in the sand or mud forever, but once she realizes she has a bit of dirt on her hands, she freaks out. Silly girl! Laurel just loved the Cheerios I had for her.
Laurel's first taste of yummy big kid food....a cookie! I'm trying to fatten her up for her weight check appointment in a couple weeks. Lara is explaining to all the moms that we should tell our husbands how much money we saved going to her house instead of paying to go to a water park. Which reminds me, I need to cash in on that suggestion of shopping.......
Is there anything cuter?
After the sand, we head to the water!Making sand towers.





1 comment:
You're only old if you call it "aught nine".
When I read an article about the heat wave in the Seattle area and how it was barely in triple digits for a few days and how that was a BIG DEAL... it made me smile. I know people down south have had 112 degree weather for like 3 months now. I sigh and think "I'm SO glad I live in the northwest!" :)
Post a Comment