The cake was a triple layer, white cake with white, whipped frosting. I just used a cake mix for the cake, but made the frosting from scratch. I also made fondant for the flower cut outs and the name. It turned out so well...I was quite pleased! And, to top it all off, it was super yummy! I am looking forward to the next opportunity I have to make and decorate a cake. Even if I have to just make it for Matt and I to eat!
Friday, September 25, 2009
Cake
I love baking! My dream is to own a bakery someday. Or just work out of my home to make desserts for people. Cookies, cakes, pies, other sweets, I'm not particular....I love them all! This past week, I was able to practice my cake-making/decorating skills. I helped host a baby shower for a friend from church and her sweet, adorable baby daughter, Emma. I was so excited to make this cake, but first I did a bunch of research to make sure it was not a disaster! I went to my friend, Carolyn, for help since she makes cakes quite often for people and has taken the Wilton cake decorating class. She has a ton of cake pans, decorating tips, cut outs and all the colors of the rainbow in food coloring gel. I found a mock up of a cake online and fortunately Carolyn had all the necessary supplies. The finished product looked like this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That is super cute! You can make me a cake any time!
That is SO cool! What a beautiful cake! I wish you were close enough to do my kids' birthday cakes. Then people might not have to ask what they are! LOL!
Cute!
Post a Comment