After a week of practicing trick or treating around the house, Erika finally got to do the real thing this weekend!
We started the Halloween festivities by participating in trunk-or-treat at our church on Friday night. It was super fun and we had a really good turnout for the first time this church had ever done this activity. After dinner on Saturday, we loaded the girls into the wagon and went around our neighborhood. Erika beat her old record of trick-or-treating at 3 houses to going to about 12 this year. She only tried entering one person's residence while they were giving her candy. And one little boy called Laurel a boy; whatever, boys can wear blue tutus I guess! After we were done in the neighborhood, we headed home where we put Laurel to bed. Matt stayed at the house with her, watching football and handing out candy, while Sarah and I took Erika to a party that a local church was hosting. We met up with her friend, Jake, and had a great time! The church did a really good job putting the party together. All their classrooms were decorated and people were handing out candy. In their gym, they had games and bounce houses and food. It was really fun! So, this was probably the best Halloween I've been a part of for a while!
In other news, Laurel said her first word, "ma-ma"! Yeah for me! Erika's first words were "da-da" and "hi" so I feel pretty special. She can also say "hi" and something that sounds like "nah-nah" but I have no idea what she is trying to say. However, she usually says it as I'm removing her from a dangerous situation (like pulling her off the toy organizer like just happened) so perhaps she's saying "no-no". She is walking along the furniture like a champ which means I am even more busy keeping things out of her way. It is a lot more difficult with her than it was with Erika because Erika doesn't know not to leave things laying around that Laurel can get into so I'm cleaning up after multiple people. But, it's fun to have Laurel more mobile and I think she is enjoying it as well.
Alright, here are a bunch of pictures!


















3 comments:
So when I read your blog, I though that Jake was Sarah's "friend" (instead of Erika's). So I emailed Sarah and asked her about it. Then I saw the pictures... I feel silly! :)
love the video of erika painting the pumpkin - what a smartie!
also, i think her bangs clipped looks super cute :) and both of the girls are adorable ballerinas! you'll have to tell me how to make those cute tutus again
I love the pumpkin pictures! Looks like Erika has her adorable picture smile down pat!
Post a Comment