Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Officially, last year was Erika's first Halloween, but she wasn't even old enough to hold her little pumpkin bucket for candy. So, this is her first "fun" Halloween!

Since she is too young to request her costume (unless she wanted to be a shoe, two, Mommy, Daddy, baby, or puppy) I chose for her. She was candy corn...the absolute best fall treat! I stuffed her in the costume I made, and Matt, Erika, Wyatt and I set out for her first trick-or-treating. We had a warm-up round going to Aunt Sarah's house, where everyone got treats. Erika was so cute! She knocked on the door herself, said something that you could possibly take to mean "trick or treat", then entered Sarah's apartment. When we got home, Matt and I took her to about 4 houses in our neighborhood. She was more excited about the dogs who were in people's homes than the actual trick-or-treating, but it was cute to watch. So, 8 little candy bars later, we headed for home. It was a very fun Halloween experience!

Ready for the candy! Matt carved the pumpkin beside her...way to go Matt!

Standing on the pumpkin for a better view in the window.

She's tired of her hat already.

Saying good-bye to Wyatt.

Cute little fat candy corn!

Aunt Sarah with Erika's Halloween "treats"...bottles for her baby doll.

Excited that candy is appearing in her bucket.

Time to eat the treats!

Skittles are more of a toy to her than a treat.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE her costume! Candy corn! How cute! And it really did sound like she was saying trick or treat!

Katrina said...

You made her costume? I am so impressed! It's adorable!

By the way, we have only just started unpacking boxes, but it already feels like we have tons more space to move around! Wheee! It's weird, though--I still totally feel like a visiting house guest. I almost expect to see you walking through the door!

Glad to see you guys are having fun and doing well--we miss you! :) How is the baby baking coming along?

Amber said...

Hi April! Wow am I behind on things. I had no idea you had a blog, moved to OR, or have a baby on the way. Congrats! Erika is getting so big and is so cute. I went back and read all your blog entries to catch up. You guys look so happy. I look forward to following your blog!