Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Every Mother Has It Happen To Her.....

Yep, it happened. I went in to get Laurel from her nap and she was completely naked. The diaper was laying in the middle of her bed. And, there was a small puddle on the carpet just beneath her bed. I have never seen her look so happy and proud of herself! It is so difficult to be angry when she is so cute!
And the reason I didn't take any pictures of it is because we are currently sharing a digital camera with Sarah, and she needed it this week/weekend to take it with her to...........the OLYMPICS! Are you jealous? I am! She has a friend whose parents live in Vancouver and is making her way north to spend the next 5 days enjoying the Olympic experience. She has tickets to a hockey game (US v. Norway) and is planning on wandering around downtown to try and find some Olympians. And, my grandpa requested she get Bob Costas' autograph. I'm very excited for Sarah and will probably make her post her pictures on this blog so you all can see a first-person version of the Olympics!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

It must be an important developmental step, because almost every baby I know went through the stripping phase! I think Alyson just wrote a post about Lily's diaper-free adventures last week on her blog, too.

I have to say, having experienced both, that it's a little more hair-raising when boys go through it, because then you have to look around for the puddle--it could be anywhere, depending on the kind of range they're getting...

Unknown said...

Wow, she managed to pee out of her bed. I am impressed. Maybe that should be an Olympic event... long range peeing. Of course women couldn't really compete against men...

Ok enough of that! Did Katrina tell you that she used to tape Katie's diaper on? We've considered doing it with Lily lately. She likes to be diaper free in 2003!