Friday, July 5, 2013

Fourth of July Holiday

This Fourth of July will go down in the Hammar family history book as one of the most fun holidays we have had!  I've said it before, but the older the kids get, the more fun we can have as a family and this holiday proved that to be true.  We started the day off by attending a community festival.  Matt was working at home, breaking up a concrete pad that was in the way of our landscaping, so I took the kids with Aunt Sarah.  We quickly deemed the carnival The Best Carnival Ever!  For $5, the kids got to play unlimited in an indoor jungle gym, climb all over a bouncy house/slide, play carnival games, win prizes, dance to live music and lots more fun things!  I absolutely will be going back next year.
 


The coolest bounce house I've seen!

Glitter tattoos for the girls.
 
Dancing to the music.

As if the carnival wasn't totally awesome enough...Dutch Bros. was giving away free strawberry smoothies!  It kept getting better! 

 
We took the kids to McDonalds for lunch, then we went back home to rest up for the rest of the day's activities.  First up, sparklers and a few small fireworks in the backyard.  It wasn't dark yet, but the kids didn't care and we had more fun planned for when it was dark, so sparklers in the bright sun was okay with us!



 
 
 
 
After dinner, we headed to watch the Hillsboro Hops minor league baseball team!!!  I have been waiting for 6 years to take my kids to a baseball game.  It was perfect!  The team is new to Hillsboro with a brand new stadium.  We bought tickets in the Family Fun Berm section.  What a great way for young kids to watch a game!  They didn't have to sit still in a seat, but could run around to their heart's content and occasionally watch the game if they wanted to.  The minor league game experience was almost identical to the major leagues.....music between innings, silly little contests to watch, popcorn.  It was the best family trip I think we have had!  And, to top it all off, there was a fireworks show after the game was over!   This might be an annual event for us!

Love this picture of my family heading to the game.  I am the shadow.

Our seats!
 



Lots of running, laying, or standing.
 
We love baseball!

  

My little baseball fan.  Actually, her quote was, "I like the music, but I'm not really interested in the baseball game."  But she did seem to enjoy watching the relief pitchers warm up.
 
We had our own little show from Levi.
 



And dancing.  So much dancing!  Levi is probably our most animated, grooviest dancer.  Much to his daddy's pleasure.

Waiting for the fireworks.  I was pleasantly surprised that no one got scared.  Laurel and Levi put their fingers in their ears for the majority of the show, but they didn't get scared.




Awesome show!

And, the telltale sign of a good time!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

There's no way Judah would sit in his seat for a game, that family seating area looks perfect!